Tuesday 23 December 2014

Fail

So I failed. In August I wrote a lists of goals that I would have to Christmas to complete. One of the goals was to finish my script.

In September 2013 I moved from Norway to Southampton, England to finish my Bachelor degree in Film and Television at Southampton Solent University (SSU). As my Major Project (MP) I chose to write a screenplay for a 30min short (so roughly 30 pages) in stead of writing the script of a 10min short and having to produce it. As I was leaning more on becoming a screenwriter it was an easy choice.

I developed a script with the working title "RED" (it still has that title). Nine months later 10 months later I was done at SSU and moved back home to Norway, and got my grade for the MP, an A. I knew my tutor in MP liked my script, because he several times told me to tell him when I wanted to produce it. This gave me a lot of confident and chose to develop that same script from a short to a feature film. I started doing this in August, and though I already had a beginning, middle and and end, I had to change a lot though the story still was the same. This was very challenging and it still is! I've had good writing days, but even more horrible days where I've only been able to stare at the screen and feeling all empty in that big head of mine. I wrote 20 pages in a day once....ONCE! The next day everything was gone, and haven't written anything since (6.Dec) Now I know that when I first start writing... I should never stop and just stay up for a couple of days....Well anyway, so here I am, the day before Christmas (We celebrate on the 24th Dec, with Christmas dinner and presents) and I still have 30 pages to go.... Merry Christmas everybody!

Photo by: Guri Rognskog, http://guri88.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment