Monday 15 April 2013

Pitching

While working at Flimmer Film, I also had to write a screenplay for a short film. I used my easter holiday to do that. In the beginning I had a bit of a problem starting, because I wanted to write about bullying. And the first few stories was just so dark and sad and I had problems writing an end to it, then I was thinking about short films and how they tend to be: Weird and a bit comical. So still wrote about bullying, but came up with and idea that wasn't so dark and sad but that showed two little kids standing up for not only themselves, but for others. My goal being that people who see or hear bullying shouldn't just walk away and pretend they never saw it, but take action.

So today we had to pitch our screenplays in front of another film class plus our teacher and David McHenry (set designer) I hate standing in front of a crowd. I get so nervous every time I feel sick. The pitching went well, though it didn't get picked out, I did get some points for it, which I am happy for. Every time we pitch, the others rank the stories they like and the one with most points get chosen. Two film get chosen to be the ones we'll make for our exam. So after the pitching I feel exhausted. Put in a way, I don't really mind doing it, it's just the wait that is horrible, not the actual pitching.


No comments:

Post a Comment