Sunday 31 March 2013

Filmschool

Since I was a kid I have always loved films. I really wanted to become an actress, but because of my big shyness I didn't do anything to make that dream become true. I had very little faith in myself. When I got older I would always get comments that I must have been going to a drama class, which I didn't...for some reason I didn't choose any creativity courses at "high school"(Videregående)...which wasn't very smart of me...

BUT in 2011 I started on the Norwegian School of Creativity (Norges Kreative Fagskole) where I took the course Film. I found out that if I couldn't make myself be infront of the camera...then why not be behind it! 

I really have to thank my boyfriend for helping me a bunch with my low self-esteem, he made me believe in myself and that I should do anything to follow my dream. So I did! Well I got one step closer at least... 

The first year was really great, we did a lot of productions and we evolved through everyone of them. At this stage I could already say that camera wasn't quite my thing. Screenplay on the other hand was. I have always loved writing stories so writing screenplays was just up my alley. 

My second year, which is now actually, is where I got a taste for being a producer. On our projects I was always the producers because everybody else wanted to do the technical stuff and not have to worry about the paperwork... Me on the other hand sort of... like paperwork. Well film paperwork. Getting actors, locations, fixing the contracts, getting everything we needed and cheap or...for free. And I actually enjoy that. But I think I still have A LOT to learn.

Now that I know my two places in film (writer, producer) it easier to focus and work hard for it. 

Film is a tough business, and I really hope I'll make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment